sobota 6. října 2007

Why....

Hi….

I decided to build this blog so I can communicate with blogers form “Middle East”. I am a student of Communication and Mass Media on University of New York in Prague. This semester I am taking course “History of Middle East”. Even this course is not really Communication and Mass Media course I wanted to take it. Lately I started to follow television channel Al Jazeira. I must say I do really enjoy having another view on world events than just from “Western” medias. I started also to think about possibility of working for this or similar television channel in the future. Another reason which possibly influenced me while choosing this course was fact that I took last semester course “American Government and Poltics”. We had numerous discussions regarding American behaviour namely in relationship to “Middle East”. The last reason is private. I was married eight years to Turkish man and now I got married again, this time to man coming from Tunis. There is no question that spending time with Muslims makes me wonder about many things.

First assignment for History of Middle East course is to follow for close to one month blogs of people living in “Middle East”.
While searching for some interesting blogs I came over blog “A Star from Mosul”. It is apparently blog of a girl studying on university in Mosul, Iraq. When I first opened this blog I saw beautiful entry about beginning of Ramadan. This girl living, as I believe in middle of terrible war, was writing about the beginning of Ramadan. This blog has enormously kind voice. I can see any anger or so.

I would like over the following few weeks establish contact with Najma-the author of “Star of Mosul” and possibly search for some another blogs “close to my heart”.

Here is my first letter to Najma.

Dear Najma. Beginning of this week I first saw your blog. I understand that you live in middle of war. I do like a lot your entry about beginning of Ramadan. Me I am also fasting this year. It is my first Ramadan ever. While married to my new husband I felt that I really want to have this “experience”, let’s say open my self to Islam; even I am coming from atheistic family. In Czech Republic is usual being atheist.
Now almost at the end of Ramadan I feel so well and so much more in peace.
Today I opened your blog again. Reading your new entry about injury of your cousin and his decision to continue fasting and stay without medicine as he can. I feel that there is no way how to express my reaction with words.
I am thinking every day more about the happenings in the World and their reasons.

I would like to chat bit with you and so understand more how you and your family lives and what you think. Of course you may not have extra time for this or you may wonder who am I to ask you some questions, but maybe it may be interesting also for you to have contact with another student from other part of world.

Of course I wonder a lot what exactly has driven you to write your blog. In your entry from September 4th ( “Now What”) you are writing that this idea may not be accepted by your society.

Since we both do our Ramadan I would like to compare our experiences. For me Ramadan is perhaps much different. Also I believe the difference is only on the practical side. The spiritual part may be similar for all who share Ramadan.
I go to school as any other part of year. In Czech Republic is not obviously so hot weather as in Iraq, but still fasting and being all day in school with another student who are not Muslim is bit challenging. On the other hand when my school finishes my husband picks me up and we can go to one of the markets to choose something special to cook for our meal at evening. It is beautiful moments--browsing the streets, choosing our vegetable for couscous. I believe that that is something you cannot do—walk in the streets and smile.

Last thing I would like to ask you is about your school. How can you actually go to school? Is there any special regime concerning the Ramadan and most important the dangers situation in Iraq?

Najma, I do not know if you get any chance to respond me, but I wish you all the best. I try to feel with you, your family and your friends.

With lots of respect Anna-the rose from Prague.

Žádné komentáře: