středa 17. října 2007

We are celebrating Al Eid. I was very said that the Ramadan is finishing, but my husband tried to tell me how many nice things are ahead of us. It was really strange. Even my husband’s father was telling us today, how all people in Tunis seem sad about the end of Ramadan.
We spend beautiful day. It was sunshine and we spend some time on our balcony. My husband brought cages with all our birds and we talked and talked. One can just wonder how of beautiful moments and days person can spend in Iraq. I saw some news on Al Jazeera about celebrating Al Eid in Palestine. I tried to contact one journalist in Iraq, but for a moment I have no message back. I am thinking about “A Star from Mosul” and I remember her in my prayers. Soon I want to write my analyses about my “chat” but I am afraid it may be not the best idea wanting to “chat” about Ramadan. It may be that this subject is simply too private. Than again, is it not nice to talk about religion with people who share it? I am trying to follow by now three blogs---http://www.astarfrommosul.blogspot.com; http://washingtonbureau.typepad.com/cairo; http://washingtonbureau.typepad.com/iraq --- and I am hoping one person may write me anytime back.
It is so hard for people live together and respect each other? May someone be afraid to write about religion? May be people tired of it all? In the late afternoon I went with my husband shopping. I am slowly getting use to going out in hijab. It is very strange experience for me. While visiting in Tunis it seemed natural to me, even Tunis is not full of women wearing hijab, but here in Prague hijab bring more attention to you than anything else. The reaction of some people is so bizarre.

Few days went by. The celebration is finished and we are back to everyday life. School seems bit shorter with bites of apple and sips of water.
I have also great news. I did get in touch with one journalist from Baghdad. She wrote me few things about Al Eid and Ramadan in Iraq. I am very glad.

I am still thinking how great it will be if I can exchange at least few words with Star from Mosul. I will keep trying even after the paper is submitted. I want to know more, understand.

Žádné komentáře: