úterý 9. října 2007

Last week of Ramadan







Ramadan is finishing in just four days and I am starting to get worried. I wish Ramadan would be longer. I know it may sound funny, but perhaps since it is my first Ramadan I feel very strong things and I am wondering how will I return to “normal” life afterwards. On the other hand I believe that this experience will bring changes to my “normal” life as well. Since I got married during Ramadan, I have a husband to share my life with. It is something I would never hope for, especially due to my past experience with marriage. The feeling that I will pray next to my husband every morning is one which brings so many nice things to my heart.

Today I prayed for Najma…. I get to read more in her blog. Even it may seem strange I feel every time closer to her. I do not know her and I am sure there are so many people in our world which should get my sympathy. The fact is that the way she writes and maybe also thinks is close to my way of thinking. I do really consider a lot how hard Najma works for school. Thinking about the conditions she is studying in, or just wondering how she will live after finishing her school makes me have more respect for her.

Nevertheless let me say-write I do not really understand why some people just cannot help them self and need to be unkind in their comments. Why? Does Najma ever accuse one for the condition she must try to do best of her life? I just must ask again-why? Why is the anger between people?

Yesterday while browsing some more blogs I find three more which interest me. One is very raw---in the good sense. The name is angry wife from Iraq. This woman has my sympathies. Unfortunately the writer is not located in Middle East and thus is for my project unsuitable. The second blog is from woman journalist from Egypt. In some way the writing of woman is closer to me. Maybe woman are less radical in their views and opinions. The name of this blog is Middle East Diary. We can read an article about visiting Ramadan tent in posh cartier of Cairo---this article is not by the author of this blog; it is written by another person, while the author of blog was away. Last blog is from than teacher now journalist working in Iraq. She does not directly writes about Ramadan, but she mention in one of her entries, that many people in Iraq are not fasting.
As I read and search more, I am more and more interested about the way how people in Middle East, in uncertain life situation spend their Ramadan. I imagine that Ramadan in Egypt may be quite peaceful, but perhaps in another parts of Middle East people find hard peace and thus also peace in their hearts.

Žádné komentáře: